BVNA feels it is important that all student veterinary nurses are represented and that they have a voice within the veterinary profession.
So with this in mind BVNA has made the decision to open up student council member positions on the council team, with the view of hearing those voices and using student council members to help change the future of the profession for the better.
The current student representatives for the year 2016-17 are:
Our aims for BAVNS include:
- Supporting student veterinary nurses throughout their studies
- Representing the views of student veterinary nurses and lobbying on issues that affect them
- Including student veterinary nurses in the development of the profession
- Enhancing the status of student veterinary nurses within the veterinary community
- Creating opportunities for networking and socialising with new people
- Eventually establishing international relations
Look out for developments and follow us on our Facebook (BAVNS) and Twitter pages (BAVNS_UK)
If you have any queries, ideas or want to get involved, contact us via social media or email email@example.com
Becoming a student member of BVNA includes membership of the BAVNS and has many benefits including:
- Representation in the industry, lobbying and campaigning on the issues that matter to you
- The monthly Veterinary Nursing Journal, packed with peer-reviewed articles and advice with access to the digital VNJ archive, allowing you to search for specific topics of interest from the very start
- Discounts on books, BVNA CPD Certificates and courses
- Access to a free Members Advisory Helpline, managed by legal professionals providing advice on employment plus many other issues
- Confidential support on personal or work-based problems
- Career guidance and advice from peers
- Free Webinars
- Affordable regional meetings, CPD Roadshows and Congress
- Discount on Income Protection cover
- Members’ Loyalty and Direct Debit discounts
You can join for £75 for a three year membership (Saving you £14) to last your student career!
Or you can become a student member in the first year for £33; this reduces to £28 on renewal each year you are a student until you qualify.
We’re here to represent you! Get involved, because we want to hear how you want your profession to be even better!