BVNA INVITE THE SUBMISSION OF CLINICAL ABSTRACTS FOR PRESENTATION AT BVNA CONGRESS 2017
This year we are welcoming abstracts across the profession and would like to encourage submissions from veterinary nurses in practice as well as those undertaking research as part of their academic studies. We are encouraging submissions from the following categories:
- Clinical review in practice: What have you been doing in practice to improve protocols or compliance? What made you undertake a review; did you complete an audit, what were your findings? How did you go about implementing change? Did you implement or enhance any SOP’s, what challenges did you face and what was the outcome?
- Clinical developments relevant to veterinary nursing: Have you undertaken a study that considers small animal, exotic or equine-related veterinary nursing practice from academic research? Emphasis should be given to evaluation and improvement of clinical practice and clinical decision making. The aims should be to celebrate innovative practice, investigate good nursing practice and introduce future developments.
- Educational Innovations, Excellence and Research: Have you undertaken any research or investigations into teaching strategies, assessment or innovation in the modern veterinary nursing curriculum? Emphasis should be given to innovations, excellence and research in veterinary nursing education and inter professional education (IPE).
Applicants can make submissions for the following:
- Posters | on acceptance of your abstract this will involve producing a landscape A0 size poster which will be displayed at BVNA Congress. You will be required to attend the abstract session to support the applicants that will be presenting.
- Oral presentation | on acceptance of your presenters each have 5 minutes to outline their research and will be interacting with the chairpersons & audience for a further 2 minutes of question & answer. In addition you are required to produce a poster as detailed above.
Successful applicants are given access to congress for the day to attend lectures and visit the commercial exhibition. Please click here for more information on BVNA Congress
Online submission ONLY, via the Taylor and Francis website https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/vnj instructions can be found using the link below, no abstracts will be accepted after 30th June 2017, all abstracts will be peer reviewed.
Three winners will be chosen and prizes will be awarded in these categories:
- Best practitioner/Post RVN qualification
- Recent graduate/undergraduate